Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Adventures in Training #6: April Recap & May Goals

Well this month wasn't too bad, the house hold was sick for a week that caused delay and because of the hospital opening I was on-call to pick up Thomas one week.  We only made one Wednesday of "running" this week (and we didn't run) but because we both need to get our butts in gear hopefully next month will be better. My first 5K of the year is May 5th, and honestly I don't feel ready (more about that in the May recap.) If you are interested in joining me on the 5th here is the information: The Law Enforcement Torch Run to support the Special Olympics

The Law Enforcement Torch Run History

Anyway, half way through the month I switched up my eating to eat more protein, but less meat. And all in all it seems to be going well.  I feel less hungry through out the day and after my workouts.  I eat breakfast, then a snack around 10ish, lunch around 12, a snack around 2ish, then dinner when I get home. The afternoon snack really helps, and I am still staying at or under my calorie goal. 

Now for May!  I changed up my lunch time routine to include either the treadmill or elliptical and I am going to continue to do that.  What needs to happen however is the biking, I am not 100% comfortable on a bike yet and I only rode twice this past month.  I need to start riding more often, find a local club or something.  I need to switch my focus to riding, I know I can swim and run (walk if need be) but riding is something I really need to get comfortable with.  So I guess you can say my biggest goal this month is to get on my bike more!

My April Notes:

4/1 - my bike was fitted today, by the wonderful Gramski! We rode around the school parking lot and down the road a ways to make sure it felt right. I surprised how comfortable I felt on it, I was really worried about my balance. I do however understand the need for padded bike shorts.

4/2 - swim day! I am starting to really look forward to my workouts. The ones in the middle of the day are nice, it really breaks the day up. On to the workout... 700 in 20. (someone hung their towel right next to mine, same color same brand about the same wear...let's hope I chose wisely)

4/4 - 3 mile brisk walk

4/5 - I did it! 800 meters in 25 min.

4/7 - rode almost 3.5 miles. It was really windy. I have a long way to go with the bike.

(4/8-4/16 off due to family and self being sick)

4/17 - after a week off, and even though I have a lingering cough, I decided I needed to get back into it. So today I went to the gym and did a half hour on the elliptical. Felt really good, I really needed a sweat!

4/19 - (our run yesterday was rained out) today I either swam an 800 or 900, I lost count. I hope I did a 9 but oh well.

4/20 - 25 min on the elliptical.(I am going to try to swim on Tuesday's and Thursday's and do the elliptical or run Monday Wednesday and Fridays, at least until my first race on the 5th)

4/23 - forgot my flip flops so I didn't go to the gym, I just couldn't bring myself to touch the floor with my bare feet. I did do some light cardio when I got home. (Side note: this week ended up being a really bad week for exercise, I didn't go to the gym at all because I was on call to pick up Thomas so I had every intention on doing something at home but if it got past 8:30 it was nixed, and well you will see the rest...)

4/24 - had an in-house training at work so once again not able to make it to the gym. Did a kick boxing video, 30 mins of high impact.

4/30 -  did 25 minutes on the elliptical.

No comments:

Post a Comment