Thursday, July 21, 2011

Simple Refreshing Melon Popsicles


What is better on a hot day then an ice cold sweet treat? We have freezer pops in the freezer but I wanted something else that wasn't full of processed sugars and dyes. I had a watermelon and a honeylope in the refrigerator so I decided to make my own popsicles. They were cold, sweet, refreshing and best of all my son loved them!

All you need to make about 4 is:
about 2 cups of cubed seedless watermelon
about 1 cup cubed honeylope (or any other melon)

Puree the melons (separately) until smooth and pour into your molds.  Freeze.  Super simple!
*I filled the mold about 3/4 of the way with the watermelon and the rest of the way with the honeylope, it looks like there is less of the honeylope but the watermelon just inched its way up the sides.  I think if you want something that is a little more visual try freezing the first layer slightly before adding another flavor.


What is a honeylope?  It is a hybrid between a honeydew melon and a cantaloupe.  I find it to taste more on the lines of a cantaloupe with the flesh looking more like honeydew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment