Thursday, November 18, 2010

And what a birthday it is...

Today is my sons first birthday and what a great day it should be, right? Well for my son today is the most uncomfortable painful day he has experienced thus far in his short life. He has one of the worst diaper rashes I have ever seen, and on top of that he has a yeast infection and what I believe is a stomach virus; which isn't helping either cause. To see him in so much pain breaks my heart, what mother wants to see their child hurt? My husband and I have done everything that we can think of; putting on anti-fungal cream, zinc-oxide creams, baking soda baths, natural...I am out of ideas. He won't even put his little tushy in the water. I never thought that I would cry over something like diaper rash, but I feel like I am failing him and there is nothing I can do to help. Hugs really only go so far.
Different websites say different things from: use talc powder to don't use talc powder, browned flour, Maalox, making your own wipes, baking soda baths, and oatmeal baths to don't use oatmeal baths. The list is endless. I just want him to feel better, and I think the stomach is just making the whole thing worse. I finally called the doctor (again, I did call about the yeast infection) and got the rudest receptionist, but hopefully I will hear back from his doctor soon. His 12 month appointment is Wednesday but because it is getting worse I don't know if I should wait.
I am sure that there are other mother's that have dealt with this, I would love to hear how...

No comments:

Post a Comment