Saturday, August 7, 2010

New Freedom Farmers Market

The New Freedom Farmers Market is the first and third Saturday of each month from May thru October, it is located in downtown New Freedom at the Red Cabooses that is along the Heritage Rail Trail in York County.

Today was my first visit, and it took me longer to drive there then to walk through and see all the vendors.  There were maybe about 7-8 vendors that were selling everything from dairy and vegetables to flowers and handmade soaps.  It was all in all a very nice little market.

Two vendors stood out to me, one perhaps because he had a goat with him and the other because they stopped me to give me samples but either way it worked.

The first was Charlottetown Farms located in New Freedom, PA 17349. They had handmade Chevre Cheeses, Goat Milk Soaps, and fresh eggs.



Homemade Chevre Cheese, Charlottetown Farms
The second was the Golden Grain Bread Company also located in New Freedom, PA 17349. They had all kinds of homemade breads, rolls, cookies, etc. and even some cheese from a dairy located in Harford County, MD called Blooms Broom Dairy (which has really good ice cream by the way.)

Kicked Up Rosemary Bread, Golden Grain Bread Co.
For lunch when I got home, I smeared the chevre on the rosemary bread and it was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment