Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Moms Meet - Sampling for a healthier family


A few months ago, while sitting in the doctor’s office, I picked up Kiwi Magazine. If you are a mom (or dad) and haven’t ever seen this magazine, I would highly recommend it. It is all about parenting while being green. While reading it, there was an ad for Moms Meet and how you could apply to be a Mom Ambassador. I decided to go online to http://www.greenmomsmeet.com/ and check it out. Here is a little blurb from the website about what they are:
Well long story short, I applied and was accepted to be a Mom Ambassador for my area (you may have noticed the badge on the side of blog.) So I rounded up some of my mom friends and asked if they would be willing to be part of my Moms Meet Group, all were for it! As the weeks went on, I didn’t really hear anything but then I started getting emails to try things. You aren’t guaranteed to get accepted to sample everything you apply for, I am not 100% sure how one is chosen but I think it mostly on a first come first serve basis. So far I have applied for 4 group samplings and one that was just for Mom Ambassadors.

My group and I were chosen to sample Almond Breeze Almond Milk; some of the moms (including myself) have tried Almond Milk before some have not. Currently my group consistsof about 6 moms all with children ranging from 1-10. In my package, I received two vouchers for a carton of shelf stable milk (any flavor), two cartons of their new milk that is a blend of almond and coconut milks, a recipe booklet, a smoothie recipe booklet, coupons, and a beach towel.

The first thing I did was start going through the recipes; I picked out a couple recipes to try during our meeting. Both that would be family friendly, except maybe adults only smoothie!

Our first meeting will be on July 28th, so look for more information regarding our reviews and recipes then!

Also, if you are reading this and are interested in joining our group let me know, the more the merrier!



Moms Meet is an online resource that empowers moms to come together in an informal setting and talk about the latest on raising healthy families and living green. We provide easy-to-read articles and discussion prompts on different eco-conscious parenting topics; think of it as an eco-themed reading club for your playgroup. Some subjects we’ve covered in the past have included:

• Going green on a budget
• Slow family living
• How to feed your family
• Sleep training methods
• Overparenting

In addition to creating a space for moms to talk parenting and eco-conscious living, Moms Meet offers exciting opportunities for Mom Ambassadors and their groups to sample the latest healthy, green products. Past sampling opportunities have included EO all-natural hand sanitizer, Wallaby Organic yogurt, and To Go Brands Trim Energy

No comments:

Post a Comment