Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Meatless Monday: Vegetarian Lasagna


I thought this was great! I made it just like I would have made a 'regular' lasagna but instead of beef I used mushrooms and I added some spinach in with the ricotta. I only prepared this in an 8"x8" pan because I knew there was a chance my husband wouldn't like it. (He ate it but it wasn't his favorite, I knew going in that he didn't like ricotta or cooked spinach.)

What you will need:

No boil lasagna noodles
1 jar of your favorite sauce
1/2 cup chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/8 cup Parmesan cheese
1-2 pounds mushrooms, use your favorite (I used button and cremini)
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves or garlic, minced
2 cups mozzarella, shredded

Clean and chop the mushrooms, (I did half fine and the other in larger pieces) sauté with the olive oil, garlic and Italian seasoning. While the mushrooms cook, mix the spinach with the ricotta and Parmesan. Set aside.
Start layering. Put sauce on the bottom, layer the noodles followed by the ricotta mix, mushrooms, mozzarella cheese then more sauce. Continue until the pan is full. Sprinkle some extra cheese on top. Bake at 400 degrees for about 25 min. Until hot and bubbly.

This can easily be made ahead, you will just need to lengthen the cook time slightly.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment