Sunday, January 30, 2011

Stuffed Portobella Mushrooms with Pork

I can't remember if I mentioned doing something different every week or not...but the concept is to introduce or re-introduce flavors to my husband.  I have been slacking mostly due to the fact that our household has been sick so we have been eating a lot of soup.  So back on track...last weekend I was going to go all vegetarian but I got some grim faces so I decided that I wouldn't go there yet.  The result with this meal was really good, I however will probably tweak it somehow next time, but my husband said he really liked it.

Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms (170 calories)


Mushrooms
4 Portobello, stem and gills removed
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Brush mushrooms with oil and season, grill for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
Stuffing

half of onion
2 cloves garlic
1 cup Spinach, fresh
1/8 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
1/8 cup Bread crumbs
1 Egg
2 tablespoons Herbs; basil, parsley (Italian seasoning)
1 Roma Tomato, thinly sliced

Using a food processor, puree onions and garlic, saute over medium high heat, add chopped spinach (just until wilted. Remove mix from heat and allow to cool slightly add Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, herbs, mozzarella cheese, egg. Mix until well combined. Spoon into the grilled mushroom.

Place one slice of tomato on top of mixture. Bake about 10 min. at 350.

Pork Cutlets (about 300 calories)

4 pork cutlets, about ¼ inch thick
2 Eggs
1 cup Flour
1 cup Bread crumbs
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
Oil, mild for pan

Prepare dreading station. Mix bread crumbs, cheese, and seasoning.

Cover pork in flour, followed by egg, followed by bread crumb mixture. Pan fry in oil on skillet.

On a baking dish, place one of the cutlets along with one mushroom cap on top. Sprinkle with extra mozzarella cheese and broil for just until melted. Serve with a green salad.

Omit the pork for a vegetarian meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment