Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Basic Pie Crust

I have always made my pie crusts the old fashioned way using a pastry blender.  But I have seen so many people using food processors that I decided to give it a shot...and boy did it cut down on time and did a great job. So from now on I have decided that I will use the food processor for all my crust needs. Now due to the size of my processor I made my crust in two batches to make a top and bottom. 

Basic Pie Crust

(Double crust recipe, half it for just a single)

about 2 cups all purpose flour
about 1 stick of COLD butter (you could do half butter, half shortening also)
about  2-3 tablespoons ICE water



Put the flour in your processor along with the butter, cut into cubes. Pulse until the flour and butter are combined, should resemble peas.

Slowly, add the water, one teaspoon at a time until the dough starts to form a ball. (If it seems too sticky, add a little more flour.  If still seems too dry and crumbly, add more water.)


Remove dough from the processor and form unto a ball, wrap in plastic wrap or wax paper and chill for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.



You dough is now ready to roll out!

No comments:

Post a Comment