Friday, June 15, 2012

Adventures in Training #7: May Recap & June Goals



It is two weekend into June and I have been putting off this post. May was not the best month for me, I had high hopes. I started the month off with my first 5k of the season and it was awful. It was for a great cause and that was a good thing but...it was a cross country hilly course. I was thinking it would be easier on my joints but the grass was long and wet and ended up straining my hip which is still giving me issues. I ended up basically just walking it, it was really tough (for me anyway).

I did make it out on Wednesdays with Amanda a couple times to "run", we really just walked. I only swam once or twice and used the elliptical and treadmill maybe once. I can't even say for sure...like I said a bad month!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't even really take notes, I wrote down three:

5/2 - 25 min on elliptical

5/5 - first 5k of the season. Not a fan of running on wet grass, found it really hard. Took me longer than normal @ 46 minutes. Oh well.

5/7 - 600 meters in 20 mins.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
All the notes for May, the first week. :( Anyway, since it is already June here is what I am currently doing and what I hope to continue. I am trying for four days a week. Monday's I have been trying to swim (pool has been closed the last two times I have gone), Wednesday's 'run' with Amanda or go to the gym if we can't make it, and Thursday's ride with Gracie. The hope is to also try to ride on Saturday or Sunday  a longer distance.

Only two more months before I do this crazy thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment