Monday, February 14, 2011

A little Surf and Turf

It is Valentine's Day, and I plan on working late...boo hiss.  So last night we decided we would have a nice dinner.  I asked my husband what he would prefer to eat and the response was...steak.  So since I am trying to cut back, I added shrimp.  The last time he had shrimp was over the summer and he said he liked it so I thought I would give it a shot again.  The meal; grilled New York strip steak, grilled shrimp, mashed red potatoes and salad.  A good meat and potatoes meal.  (Sorry no pictures, I forgot)

Mashed potatoes:

Quarter about 2 lbs. of red potatoes, boil in salted water until fork tender. Drain. Add about 3 tbsp. of margarine, and 1/4 cup of milk (I used whole, I didn't think Almond would taste to good.) Mash until your desired consistency. Salt and Pepper to taste.

For the meat, all I did was a little salt and pepper and put on the grill.  Nothing fancy.

The shrimp, I basically just added a little salt and pepper and olive oil. Grilled until just almost done, tossed the shrimp into a mix of butter and citrus basil seasoning, then put back on the grill to just finish cooking through.  Total about 5 minutes.  (Make sure to get good fresh shrimp!)

I served everything with a mixed green salad and rolls (fresh from the Amish market.)

Next week I will be talking Chili...

No comments:

Post a Comment